3rd row seat not folding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgq68

Reaction score
Hi, in my 2022 SPP Expedition Max, the passenger side 3rd row seat is stuck in the reclined position and won't fold. The driver's side seat works without any issues. When I hold down the forward button in the third row or the fold button near the rear gate, I hear a clicking noise but nothing happens. Anyone know a fix to this? I tried holding down buttons for a minute, but nothing seems to make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Donny

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you trying this with the car off? One time, mine didn't go down until I started the engine and then it worked. It could be a weak 12V battery.

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
Car is off, but the other side is going down. I can try with the car on and see if it makes a difference.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried it with the car running and made no difference.

There have been some posts on this forum about this issue on the 4th generation models. The fix seemed to be repositioning a seatbelt buckle that was supposed to fold aside or down?

Have you checked your seatbelt buckles, and under and alongside the seat to see if there is an obstruction?

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
There have been some posts on this forum about this issue on the 4th generation models. The fix seemed to be repositioning a seatbelt buckle that was supposed to fold aside or down?

Have you checked your seatbelt buckles, and under and alongside the seat to see if there is an obstruction?
I moved buckles and don't see anything under the seats. Still not working. I hear clicking but no movement. Is there a way to reset it?

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
My 13 year old son found a solution for this so figured I'd share in case anyone else runs into this issue in the future. To unfreeze the seat from the reclined position, he hit the recline button (in the 3rd row) three times and then the move forward button 3 times and held the forward button on the third time until the seat moved forward. After this it started to work with folding and unfolding again. Not sure if it'll last forever or not, but at least there is some sort of fix for this. Hope this helps someone else who is as frustrated as I was.

FryerTime

Reaction score
Mine has been to the dealer a few times for that and it's a real pain when those stop working. First time there was a crayon in the track so it wouldn't decline. Second time it was stuck down and apparently one of the harnesses under the seat had come disconnected which was surprising knowing how difficult those are to disconnect. I do tend to store stuff under the seat though which the dealer advised against.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani