3 Questions, tires, Extended Warranty, posting pics here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spartan_117

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just purchased a black 2004 Eddie Bauer w/Preimere Package. It has 31000 miles on it. The factory warranty runs out in June....unless i put 5000 miles on it before then. Should I by the extended warranty or should I just chance it? Will it be worth it to get the basic warranty or the full package?

Also, it has toyo 305/45r22 tires with 22" rims. What kind of tread wear can I expect on 22's. They look about midlife right now, maybe need a new set by December??? Toyo seems like a good brand, any other suggestions on brand? Are there anything about rolling on 22's that I ought to know?

Also, wanted to post a pic, but I can't get it re-sized to the fourm 102kb limit. I am using graphic converter on mac os x.3, anybody got an easy way to post pics.

thanks....

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

spartan_117

Reaction score
never mind on pic info

Never mind about the pic posting. I just broke down and got a photobucket account.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The pics used to work before without having a photbucket account. For some unknown reason the only way to post a pic is to link it through a hosting site like photobucket.. Dont know why its like that but thats how it is for me and quite a few members.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by spartan_117
Hey guys,

I just purchased a black 2004 Eddie Bauer w/Preimere Package. It has 31000 miles on it. The factory warranty runs out in June....unless i put 5000 miles on it before then. Should I by the extended warranty or should I just chance it? Will it be worth it to get the basic warranty or the full package?

Also, it has toyo 305/45r22 tires with 22" rims. What kind of tread wear can I expect on 22's. They look about midlife right now, maybe need a new set by December??? Toyo seems like a good brand, any other suggestions on brand? Are there anything about rolling on 22's that I ought to know?

thanks....

I would get the extended warranty, better be safe then sorry. What would happen if you start having trouble? It would come out of your pocket and if you dont know your way around a car, it can end up costing you alot more in the long run. But thats just my opinion.

Cant comment on the 22" wheels. I still have the stockers. There are a few members here with 22's so hopefully they will chime in.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Warranties are great for piece of mind.

Be wary of which one you get, some of them are truly crappy.

I had a genuine Ford extended warranty on my truck. I only needed it a few times for very minor stuff, but it was nice to know I was covered.

Of course, it expired a long time ago...