$300 Low Buck Junk Navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
A $300 Navigator that was in a a Fresh Pond dunked under water, then it sat for 3-4 years
took it home and tried to turn the motor and the engine was stuck now i am out of luck
DSCN4852.JPG DSCN4690 (800x600).jpg DSCN4691 (800x600) (2).jpg I had a expedition also, but the trans was bad bought that for $200 bucks , but engine is good.

DSCN4687.JPG

DSCN4689.JPG

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe you can find a $300 buck motor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You must be a piney for buying that without see if it would even turn over And yes I use to live in the Pine Barrens

OP
OP
CriminalslangNAVI
Reaction score
Maybe you can find a $300 buck motor!

I had a police expedition that i have a 5.4 3v, that will into a crown victoria later ( drift build ).. So this Navigator ( had ) a seized motor I used a lot of chemicals ATF,ACETONE,AND DIESEL in the crack case for a extra step... So now I am going to see if this 5.4 4v engine starts

OP
OP
CriminalslangNAVI
Reaction score
You must be a piney for buying that without see if it would even turn over And yes I use to live in the Pine Barrens

It was a bad move on my part i didnt check when i made the purchase ( such a bad move ), but I did get the motor free it took 2 and half weeks so I am back to square one on this build... The purpose was to have expedition then I was like well i will take this a build it up ( to test what i am made of ), but it was clearly a bad move so just trying to get at it... tank has to be dropped and Not to worry on parts its old enough to find parts its the labor thats all

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also try marvel mystery oil. Amazing stuff. Problem is, vehicles that are submerged in water, get a lot of internal damage. You could pull motor apart, see what your up against. You might be able to salvage some or all of it. Just depends on how long it was in the water, and how lucky you get. Used navi motors can be had for under a grand. Do you have a pick and pull or equivalent near you? We have a bunch here in Bay Area. Keep us posted what you do.

OP
OP
CriminalslangNAVI
Reaction score
You can also try marvel mystery oil. Amazing stuff. Problem is, vehicles that are submerged in water, get a lot of internal damage. You could pull motor apart, see what your up against. You might be able to salvage some or all of it. Just depends on how long it was in the water, and how lucky you get. Used navi motors can be had for under a grand. Do you have a pick and pull or equivalent near you? We have a bunch here in Bay Area. Keep us posted what you do.

yea

Motor turns now it took awhile like 2 weeks, but we are good... I do have a pick part here i go there all the time... i do have a spare engine from my Expedition , but the 5.4 4v is better... Yes the internals may be screwed , we shall give it a turn i will prep motor as much is i can before starting cause it may not start who knows, but i wil try to get it going... truck isnt worth to take engine and replace it i seen a lot mor cleaner Expeditions out there, but we will try this first sharpen my skills on these cause ai know zero about them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire