3rd brake light replacement lens for '98?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spatula

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I have already replaced the lens on my upper/3rd brake light on my '98 once due to weathering/cracking. I just noticed that this one is now split. I have been looking around online, and all I seem to find is new LED fixtures for about $45. So my questions - does anyone make a repro lens that's any good? And if not, are the LED ones any good? I hate to spend $45 on another piece of garbage that won't last. I have contacted various local people parting out Expeditions but every single one of those lenses is cracked, too.
I appreciate any info anyone can give me. Thanks,

OP
OP
S

spatula

Reaction score
Thanks. Any brands to seek out or avoid? Or are they all made in the same factory anyway? Thanks,

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ran into the same problem when restoring my '99; incandescence is so passé. Had to settle on this plug-compatible one and it's been fine so far.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would just go with one of the lights off eBay and add a little sealant to it if need be.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev