4wd low question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnerat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was pulling a car today and tried to switch it to 4low. There was nothing. No lights or anything saying it engaged . It went in and out of 4high just fine. Wondering where or what I should start looking at. It's a 2003 with the 5.4

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you didn't say how you tried to shift into 4-lo.

read your owners manual to see how it works and what you need to do to have it engage. The procedure should be in the manual

I know on the 1st gens you need to be at a stop, have your foot on the brake and be in neutral. in order for it to shift into 4 low.

OP
OP
M

mnerat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did it right, just didn't wait long enough for it to kick it! Works like it should! This can be deleted haha

OP
OP
M

mnerat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used it last year and it worked just didn't think it took that long( about 4/5 seconds)

Whiteshadow

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know how long it took for it to shift into 4lo, still learning how all this works!

StuntMan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Eh not yet, I have the exact same issue. My 4 lo is no go. Got stuck in deep sand because of it. Should checked before hand everything was working :badidea: