4wd switch related to no dash lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowhead2

Reaction score
4wd switch was engaged by accident while driving. Subsequently lost dash lights at the same time. Are these related? I’ve checked fuses for dash lights. I’ve installed a new headlight/dimmer switch. Still have no dash lights. Odometer,dome light,check engine etc... still work just no lights to the tach or speedo. HELP ME!!!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You posted this identical thread in two different generation subsections, what year is your expedition?

And by engaging the 4wd switch did you switch from 2hi to A4WD? Seeing you cant switch to 4x4hi or low unless you're stopped and in neutral. With that said most people switch from 2hi to A4WD on the fly anyways so that technically has no relation to your dash light unless they share the same relay or wiring harness/pigtail

OP
OP
C

Cowhead2

Reaction score
It’s an 02 and yes I realize I posted in the wrong place first. It was bumped to 4hi from awd. When that happened all lights went out

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't see how shifting your transfer case could blow out all dash lights, but as Habbibie said, they may be tied in somehow. I have a wiring book for 2000 at home, along with owners book . I'll check when I get home. Could be the sudden surge took out already weak bulbs. Just because fuses look good, don't assume they are. If a fuse looks good, I still use an ohmeter set to beep continuity function, to be sure . The small amp ones sometimes look ok, but are dead , 5 amp ones are famous for that. Also check said fuse for power across both legs of fuse terminal for 12 volts. If your four wheel drive is still operating I doubt any relay blew. Dash lights are 5-10 amp circuits as a rule. You might have to pull the speedo cluster if all else checks out. If the bulbs are fried, do yourself a favor and grab a few Ford ones, the Sylvania and others don't last as long.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kapios