4x4 A4WD dash lite flashes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mahelinski

Reaction score
My 2006 Limited works just fine in 4x4 H and 4x4 L, however when the A4WD mode is selected the instrument cluster 4x4 lite flashes. The owners manual says take it in for service. Other forums have stated this is typically a case where new speed sensors are needed, has anyone had this situation and if so what was the resolution?

Thanks in advance!

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have not had this issue, but speed sensors do sound like a probable cause. Each wheel should have a sensor to detect wheel slippage in A4wd. When wheel slippage is detected (or tripped by a bad sensor) the 4wd will activate/deactivate when needed. When in 4hi or 4lo, it does not need the sensors to engage, and light will be constantly illuminated.
Unfortunately I do not know how to detect which sensor has gone bad. My only suggestion would be to see if any of the F150 sites has any how to's on this. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69