5w20 oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, cap says 5w20 engine oil, is that still recommended on one of these when you hit 120,ooo miles. Can I switch to synthetic oil also. Sorry for lack of question mark, but my keyboard is sick and will only make funny e s with the squiggle on top .

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would say you are ok. I run 10w-30 in my truck pretty much year round now but thats just me. You should be able to switch to synthetic without problems.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is your truck and what motor does it have in it? If you have a 1997-2002 I would say synthetic or motorcraft syn blend 5w-30, if you have a 3v 5.4, you need to stick with some good 5w-20 like a quality synthetic or motorcraft syn blend! Oil is only as good as whats filtering it! Wix is a good choice or an oem motorcraft filter!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have ran fram filters for years on my truck. Still runs fine, but that being said, spending money on a higher quality oil filter is never money wasted.