6.2 motor going in 2011 Navi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I ask why a 6.2 over the new 7.3 gasser?

Either way, very interesting!

The Raptor 6.2 is a better package for this job. Power steering, mounts, etc will
be closer. 411 horsepower and 434 lb ft out of less displacement and it is made to be paired to the 6R80 so you can get a controller to work. You won’t get a 7.3 to operate in one of these trucks any time soon.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Coyote is a step down from the 5.4 in these trucks. A lot less low end torque so good choice staying away on that.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is this a crate motor? What does one of those cost? How much more have you budgeted to get it installed and running?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
7.3 is no bigger externally than any other modular engine, and will bolt to any trans with the modular bell bolt pattern. It ain't cheap though, there's already guys with them in Mustangs and trucks (swapped in, NOT new Super Duty trucks..)

If i were to do an engine swap to mine, it's be the 7.3 gas. Though the 6.2 sounds good, as well.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
7.3 is no bigger externally than any other modular engine, and will bolt to any trans with the modular bell bolt pattern. It ain't cheap though, there's already guys with them in Mustangs and trucks (swapped in, NOT new Super Duty trucks..)

If i were to do an engine swap to mine, it's be the 7.3 gas. Though the 6.2 sounds good, as well.