#7 COP retainer screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:lazer: Is what I think about that dang thing.

Had a ticking develop and at first it sounded like exhaust leak... Further invest igation yeilded more along the lines of a loose spark plug... Kind of un scientifically I just felt the top of each coil to see if I could notice any difference in vibrations... Ding found it on cylinder 7.

That dang screw located directly under the pressure regulater on the fuel rail all but kicked my tale getting loose.

Long story short, an hour to get the screw out, 15 min to get the plug re tourqed (was only loose not blown out) And screw back In. No more tick either!

Last edited:

LandOfLincoln

Reaction score
The way I get this one loose on mine is by use of a small 1/4" that is basically a very small breaker bar.
A few turns with that then remove the rest of the way with one of those flexible/bendable tools that accept a screwdriver handle one one end and socket on the other. I have a 7mm socket that is very low profile which also helps with the clearance issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT