'97 EB sub woofer wire colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedaddict

Reaction score
I am installing a new sub in my '97 Eddie Bauer. I am using the stock amp for now. I need to know the wire colors for pos. and neg going to the sub from the amp. When I unhooked the stock sub it had 2 female spade connectors on the wires, 1 small and 1 big. Common sense tells me that the bigger one is the positive. well, I got distracted and cut both spade connectors off without marking which one was which. So now I am left with 2 black wires, one has a green dot and the other has a grey dot. I am thinking that the black with grey dot is the positive, but want to make sure before I put everything back together. Thanks for any help.

deano

Reaction score
I am installing a new sub in my '97 Eddie Bauer. I am using the stock amp for now. I need to know the wire colors for pos. and neg going to the sub from the amp. When I unhooked the stock sub it had 2 female spade connectors on the wires, 1 small and 1 big. Common sense tells me that the bigger one is the positive. well, I got distracted and cut both spade connectors off without marking which one was which. So now I am left with 2 black wires, one has a green dot and the other has a grey dot. I am thinking that the black with grey dot is the positive, but want to make sure before I put everything back together. Thanks for any help.

not sure but if you can get your hands on a multi meter you can test to see. If your looking for good SQ i would go with new amp and a custom enclosure. just my 2cents tho.

OP
OP
S

Speedaddict

Reaction score
I know that using the stock amp isn't the preferred choice. But thanks tough.

After putting in the 8" JL audio W8 it sounds half way decent. I am satisfied with the sound.