99 Expy Ride Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coey326

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the ride height of my 99 Expy. It does not have air ride, just springs and shocks. I changed the shocks a couple weeks ago. I measured from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well. There is about a 3 inch difference. The back sits down lower and I would like to level it out. It came with a factory lift of 3 inches.

Thank you

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the front has been lifted but not the rear? I think you can buy a spring spacer for the rear on a first gen to raise the back up. Otherwise you could lower the front to match the rear using the torsion bars.

OP
OP
Coey326

Coey326

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. So this is what I did to fix the height. When I measured it out the front set 2 3/4 inches lower than the front. I bought a set of 3 inch coil spacers. With that it leveled out my Expedition where the front a back sit 8 3/8 inches from the tire.

I bought the coil spacers off eBay from supreme.suspensions at the link here.

97 02 Expedition 3" inch Rear Pro Billet Coil Spring Spacer Leveling Lift Kit | eBay

It came with this:
Includes 2 CNC Machined Rear Lift Spacers
Precision CNC machined for perfect fitment
Includes complete set of high-strength installation hardware
Simple Instructions for Easy, Do It Yourself Installation
Lifetime Warranty!

I hope this helps someone in the future.