99 f150 5.4 aluminum intake manifold swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bummy2V

Reaction score
Hey guys so I've been doing a lot of research for an aluminum intake manifold for my 03 expedition. I'm getting a new engine and I'm building it up. I saw that the only aluminum intake that fits it is from a 99 5.4 f150. It's the only year ford released them for PI heads. Has anyone done this swap and if so what modifications did you have to do. I just found one from my local junk yard for 50 bucks. Going to clean it up and get it powder coated and get the doorman aluminum lower for it aswell. If you guys have any advice and tips I'd really appreciate it.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everything will bolt up fine and no other items needed. Will bolt up exactly like the plastic one. Obviously just gaskets and that’s it.

OP
OP
B

Bummy2V

Reaction score
Everything will bolt up fine and no other items needed. Will bolt up exactly like the plastic one. Obviously just gaskets and that’s it.
So I was doing more research and I guess the heater hose and the cross over tube are different and ill have to adjust those. By any chance do you know what the model for the dorman aluminum lower thats fits this intake is? I came across the 615-285. Just want to confirm it's the right one

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I was doing more research and I guess the heater hose and the cross over tube are different and ill have to adjust those. By any chance do you know what the model for the dorman aluminum lower thats fits this intake is? I came across the 615-285. Just want to confirm it's the right one
I don’t think there is a specific one for plastic vs aluminum.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad I came across this. Had to replace the plastic manifold on my ‘04 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the 5.4. Ended up pulling another plastic manifold off an F150 at the junkyard. Had I known there was an aluminum option that fit I would’ve searched for it. Sure I came across a few not knowing they would’ve worked. Oh well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bummy2V

Reaction score
Glad I came across this. Had the replace the plastic manifold on my ‘04 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the 5.4. Ended up pulling another plastic manifold off an F150 at the junkyard. Had I known there was an aluminum option that fit I would’ve searched for it. Sure I came across a few not knowing they would’ve worked. Oh well.
Hey whats up bro yea I've been doing a lot of research on this. They have never really made any aluminum ones for the 5.4 2v. Your best bet is from a 99 f150 from the junk yard. It's the only year that ever came out with one. I was able to snatch one up from my local junk yard and I already got the gaskets and everything I need for it. Just need to see if I can reuse the same bolts or if I need some new bolts. From what I've heard the ones it comes with are too long and will bottom out. So I might need to buy the ones that I found on another site that will work. Also wondering if I need a 99 thermostat and housing or if I can reuse the one from mine since it's brand new. Also want to see where the hoses connect as it's a different layout.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett