99 ford expedition EB edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Investing

Reaction score
Alright so i have a 1999 expedition Eddie Bauer With an air ride suspension. Can you help me find the cheapest way to lift this, mainly for an everyday driver, not for much off road use. Just need to know what I have to do and what to buy. I was looking at the 3" body lift 2" torsion key 2" spacers or 3" torsion 3" spacers. What would I have to do to apply this with an air ride suspension? How do I convert from air ride? Thanks!

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a link to one of the more inexpensive conversion kits. Just google Expedition coil spring conversion and you will have a ton of options. Some expensive and some not. You shouldn't have a problem using the spacer on the rear and cranking the torsion bars in the front. And if you do the body lift make sure you take lots of pics since there isn't much on the net for an Expy B.L. Good luck and have fun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Air-...ies&fits=Model:Expedition&hash=item5ae1ad7779

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also for body lift I would only use Performance Accessories and use the 3" not the 2" since only the 3" has the bumper relocation brackets... and I wouldn't do new keys... cranking the torsion bars gives you almost the same amount of lift and it is free and not a pain like replacing the keys...IMO

OP
OP
I

Investing

Reaction score
Okay, I was going for maybe 35s. Since I'm not going to be off roading much i was looking for a nice looking tire that would be good in the snow and on the road and maybe for mud, mainly for pulling snowmobiles around. Just was looking for an inexpensive nice tire any recommendations on that would be nice. If I do the body lift I will take pics and maybe do a video. Thanks guys

OP
OP
I

Investing

Reaction score
Okay thanks, do you know if the 2000 ford expedition xlt models have air ride suspension?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay thanks, do you know if the 2000 ford expedition xlt models have air ride suspension?

air sus is standard on the EBs and an option on the xlts. coil sus is standard on the xlts and an option on the EBs.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Please stop me when I am wrong, but you can't simply "just tweak the torsion bars" on an EB as the 4 wheel air ride system will simply let out more air from the bags/shocks and put that weight on the springs/air shocks. So, you have to move the height sensors too.

For getting a slight amount of lift on the cheap, your best bet is the body lift. The only word of caution there is if you have the moveable pedals, some body lifts work with this, some don't. If you don't have the moveable pedals, then you are golden.

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you go with a spacer n BL I would go with 315/75r16s... basically a 34.5" tire... can find them cheap and tons of different tires... very common size... but one tire I love but they don't make them bigger is the General Grabber AT2... basically a cheap BFG AT..

http://www.generaltire.com/tires/Grabber-ATsup2-sup

Ive got these on right now!! They're awesome!!! I cant wait to try them out in the snow this winter!!!!