!998 Expedition front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kerstingm

Reaction score
I just found I need to replace my upper and lower ball joints, control arms. My garage quoted me around $700. Can anybody here tell me if that is a fair price? From looking at the cost of the parts it looks like I would be into it for around $600 or more.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I think I shelled out around $600-$700 when I had my truck's ball joints and front U joint replaced. But up here in Canadaville, things run a little higher than in the US. ( Parts anyway )

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that sounds about right. i paid 900 for all of that plus pitman arm and a couple other things.

OP
OP
K

kerstingm

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. From what I have seen on line this looks like a resonable price, I wam still shopping around a little. I am also considering doing it myself. Is this a hard job to take on yourself if you have never done it before? (We have to learn sometime)

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i used MOOG upper and lower ball joints and did mine my selft the cost of the parts was $200 + or - a few and i did them in about 2 hours a side... i also had the ball joint service tool $40 at harbor freight perty cut and dry process

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it really depends on your patience level. some things are just worth paying the extra money for the convenience. if you are handy with some tools, it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it really depends on your patience level. some things are just worth paying the extra money for the convenience. if you are handy with some tools, it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

agree completely if your not confident in your ability the suspension on your car is not a place to mess around

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986