99XLT - Build Thread (many pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

barigyasi

Reaction score
I would love to see a write-up on how you did the grill (parts needed, process,etc). That's sick.

i bought the laser cut metal from a guy, PM me for the email, and i used to a dremel and an OEM grill from a junk yard, unclipped it, and got to town sanding and cutting, and basically eye measured everything, and i mounted it using JB Weld and SteelStik, i need to put support on the back side because the wind pushes it inward,

and about the headlights, i could maybe make a pair but they would be pretty expensive, PM me if you're interested!

OP
OP
B

barigyasi

Reaction score
So after having a problem with one of the halo's, i got a new one for free under warranty, and re-opened and replaced the halo, and i also painted the FORD letters fluorescent orange!

I love the way it looks with the amber halo's and blinkers!
my next step in this build is going to be lifting and wheels and tires, after that it will be paint and sound deadening the interior, thanks for looking!

the light in one of the pictures looks out of place because it is, i am testing some custom projector fog lights and had the wires out of one headlight, i also included an interior shot!

Last edited:

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good, really like the blacked out headlights w/ the Halo rings. do they blink when using your turn signals? i used to have Halos on a Tahoe i used to have & my mechanic wired them to blink, it was bad ass!

OP
OP
B

barigyasi

Reaction score
looks good, really like the blacked out headlights w/ the Halo rings. do they blink when using your turn signals? i used to have Halos on a Tahoe i used to have & my mechanic wired them to blink, it was bad ass!

nah i wired them to the parking lights instead of the signal wires. but thanks very much!!

OP
OP
B

barigyasi

Reaction score
Small Update -

So today i decided i am going to custom fabricating a front bumper, but not completely from steel as i do not really go wheeling in my truck, so it will be mostly for looks!

Today i went and grabbed another front bumper and some tow hooks for 44 dollars! so this project is starting off in the right direction. i will keep everyone updated once i get more supplies and i'll let everyone know what it will look like soon!

here's some pictures of the current set up.

Last edited: