A lil disapointed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy got stuck in the snow... about a foot of snow last time it snowed really bad in NYC. And wouldnt you know it, it got stuck right at the opening of my gate in my yard. As I was trying to Fwd & Rvs to ease my way out of the snow the truck started to slip and the rear quarter panel where the gas tank is hit my PVC fence. Many times. I was finally able to get out after about 15 min of rocking back n forth.
Given the option, I dont know which I'd rather have, a broken fence that I'd have to replace, or dents in an otherwise clean expy...
Well, I now have slight dents (looks like waves) in the rear 1/4 panel... :mad::(

Doesnt look that hard to get the waves out... I think im going to have to remove the interior panels to knock em out from the inside... Can anyone tell me or point me to a post that tells you how to remove trunk panels ???

Sorry I needed to vent.... Didnt think an expy woulld get stuck in about a foot of snow... My dumb luck...
The worse part is, I was in a rush for a job interview I had which the interviewer didnt show up for!!!!! (she told me she would) Cause of the snow!!!!

ExpySport

Reaction score
The last snowstorm we had here in southeast PA dropped about a foot of snow overnight. I ended up getting stuck trying to get up our driveway, but I contribute that to the tires I have. After about a minute of sawing the wheel back and forth, I got up the driveway fine. I've always had all-terrains on the Expy before, but needed tires suddenly about 2 years ago and the only thing in-stock and available anywhere were all-seasons, so I was forced to go with them. Great for general conditions and light snow, but anything deep, forget it. Already planning for new tires by next winter so I don't have to deal with it again.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
get good year dura tracs. have yet to hear anything bad about them. great off road traction and even better snow and ice traction. and studable. if thats a word. haha

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
IF the rear diff is open you will get stuck in 1 foot of snow.. the end

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IF the rear diff is open you will get stuck in 1 foot of snow.. the end

yeah you said it. its like sand. if your up to the middle of your rim or tire then the end. unless you have 4wd and your front isnt stuck. then your fine! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2