ABS - Brake Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

New User - But Board looks really good.

I was having some problems with my 1998 Expedition a while back and would like to get it fixed.

Problem - twice upon making a sharp 90 degree right hand turn into a parking space (< 5mph), the brakes appeared to completely give out. Truck made bad sound and did not slow down at all. The car continued through the spot and bottom'ed out on the curb.

I took it in to get it fixed, Mechanic could not find anything wrong, nor duplicate the problem. ( I believe the ABS light did come on and off a few times during this timeframe. )

On a previous board, someone mentioned a possible issue with a ABS speed sensor. To Debug, I removed the ABS fuse to disable ABS and have not seen the issue again. (For couple of months, with same driving as before).

I would like to put the fuse back in a potentially try replacing the ABS speed sensor.

Question - Does this make sense to anyone, am I way off base, has anyone occurred anything similar.

OP
OP
G

There is more to it than the speed sensor. The light being on will give a code. On the system I'm familiar with (1990 Bronco II) there is a lead that you ground while the light is ON and the light will give you the trouble code by flashing. But the light must be on since that one does not store any continuous codes.

Unfortunately I dont have the manuals for this one yet.

I will tell you that a relay in the Supercoupe went out way back when while under warranty. If you pressed the brake with BOTH FEET it would not slow down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhrrington