ABS Module (update)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After making several unsuccessful trips to the local salvage yard to find an ABS module for my 2000EB, I got lucky today, and found one. To help those that find this thread, my original issue was that the ABS pump motor suddenly came on and wouldn't shut off even with the key out of the ignition. (after lots of research I found out this was very common). I unplugged the power to it at the module itself to keep the motor from running till I could get it fixed/replaced. After lots of searching on the net, I got discouraged because the only 2 fixes I could find were 1-Take it to ford for a new one and have it flashed by the dealer, or 2-get a used one and have it flashed by the dealer. Luckily, that info was FALSE. I bought a used one this morning at the salvage yard, and it was "Plug and Play"....no flashing needed. ABS light is now off, pump isn't running any more, and most importantly my cruise control works now! If it hadn't disabled the cruise control I probably would have never replaced it, but with as many trips I make up and down the interstates each year I had to get it fixed. My ankle will greatly appreciate it for sure!