AC not blowing cold, stuck hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinh1105

Reaction score
Hey I have a 2003 expy xlt regency, has anyone come across the ac not blowing cold like it’s stuck on heat.
I’ve replace the dials, blend door actuator, had it hooked up to an ac machine and everything is either a new part or replaced from a junker. When I got it, it kinda would move and pop and bang behind the dash. Replaced the actuator for that and and it doesn’t pop any more and seems like it tries to do something but it’s always hot. The compressor kicks on and spins and has Freon in it and the back ac is turned to cold to. I’ve tried everything by I can think of. Anything helps to try at least once cuz summers coming up and I live in Fort Worth. Plz help :)

SafariGoneWrong

Reaction score
I suppose start with putting gauges on the high and low side and see if the readings are reasonable. I don't have my Ford service manual in front of me but acpro on the web says for an 80F day 40-50psi on the low side and 175-210 on the high side. We'll assume you've got good airflow over the condenser. Sounds like airflow over the evaporator may be a question due to previous issue with the blend door. Pressure might provide some clues. Low side pressure being too low may point to a too cold evaporator (no air blowing over it). Also, low side too low and high side too high points to a restriction. Etc.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My initial thought was to ensure your heater valve is functioning. If you warm coolant flowing through the heater core the A/C won't likely be able to overcome that.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when the expansion valve went bad. It would blow hot until I turned on the rear air for a minute. Replaced the expansion valve and fixed it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire