Accelerator Pedal Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rab62184

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
First post here, so I'll start with my 2 big issues.
1. I have a 2018 Expedition Max Limited. When driving at speed, and accelerating, the gas pedal has an intermittent vibration, usually 1 second or so between pulses of vibration. The frequency changes with speed, and on long trips, it gets really annoying. No major sound associated with it though. Any ideas?

2. On the same expedition, I notice some slop/play in the steering wheel. This also gets annoying on trips, any ideas? Tire pressures are in check, and alignment has been completed. Thanks for the help.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only “vibration” I can sometimes tell is around 2,200 RPM while accelerating and in 4 auto. I hear the F150 guys feel it too from time to time and is “normal”. I use “vibration” in quotes because I don’t know that it’s an actual vibration, more I can tell something is spinning below my foot.

OP
OP
R

rab62184

Reaction score
This occurs almost all the time, with or without cruise engaged. It is almost like a cell phone on vibrate is going off at the gas pedal.

deholf16

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
First post here, so I'll start with my 2 big issues.
1. I have a 2018 Expedition Max Limited. When driving at speed, and accelerating, the gas pedal has an intermittent vibration, usually 1 second or so between pulses of vibration. The frequency changes with speed, and on long trips, it gets really annoying. No major sound associated with it though. Any ideas?

2. On the same expedition, I notice some slop/play in the steering wheel. This also gets annoying on trips, any ideas? Tire pressures are in check, and alignment has been completed. Thanks for the help.
Hi - I just bought a used 2018 Expedition Limited and we're noticing the gas pedal vibration as well. It seems very similar to what you describe. Did you find a cause and/or resolution?

Caseyacts

Reaction score
I’m also feeling a vibration in my pedal on my newly bought 2019 Expedition Limited 4x4. Anyone ever find the problem or better yet, a solution?

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably the drive by wire BS they came out with about 15 yrs ago. Had the same viabration on a few trucks I had. No real solution.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This may or not be the problem. There is a TSB #21N08 which addresses "engine shudder". I'm not sure if this is the problem, but the accelerator pedal is not directly connected to the engine. It is actually a drive by wire situation.