Acme Led switchback/Redrocket bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
A few days ago my Acme led switchback(front) and Acme Redrocket (rear) led bulbs showed up. I got these through Theretrofitsource.com and they perform very well. Just wanted to upload some shots for anyone looking to upgrade from incandescent bulbs.
The switchback parking light is white but switches do Amber once the blinker or hazard lights are activated. I dont have any load resistors installed and an currently working in getting forscan going so I can remove the bulb out fast flash

20170601_214658.jpg

20170601_214758.jpg

20170601_215015.jpg

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few days again my Acme led switchback(front) and Acme Redrocket (rear) led bulbs showed up. I got these through Theretrofitsource.com and they perform very well. Just wanted to upload some shots for anyone looking to upgrade from incandescent bulbs.
The switchback parking light is white but switches do Amber once the blinker or hazard lights are activated. I dont have any load resistors installed and an currently working in getting forscan going so I can remove the bulb out fast flash
I've been thinking about doing that to mine but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did get ForSCAN working and I backed up my modules but I haven't done anything beyond that.

Why does it look like your left headlight is out in the video?

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing that to mine but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did get ForSCAN working and I backed up my modules but I haven't done anything beyond that.

Why does it look like your left headlight is out in the video?
My headlights are actually off. The white your seeing on the pass side is the switchback in the parking light white mode. Drivers side I have the blinker on. The picture from the rear is the only one with my headlights on

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My headlights are actually off. The white your seeing on the pass side is the switchback in the parking light white mode. Drivers side I have the blinker on. The picture from the rear is the only one with my headlights on
Okay that makes sense now. That white is really bright!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Suffers from the obnoxious amd apparently-typical "low side visibility" issue (brightness drops off in perpendicular side view)

Hope they didnt gouge you too much on the price.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Suffers from the obnoxious amd apparently-typical "low side visibility" issue (brightness drops off in perpendicular side view)

Hope they didnt gouge you too much on the price.
Yeah that's from a poor reflector design and even the incandescent have no side coverage. I'm actually thinking about doing a switchback/sequential strip behind a custom defuser to run across but haven't even begun to do my homework yet

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You COULD just splice in any short amber light bar and mount it on the side....

So how much did those switchback bulb things cost you?

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The switchback are $30 a pair but I took advantage of their memorial day sale for 20% off.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire