Advancetrac light comes on once in a while. Get RCM U3000:49-08 and ABS U0452-20 Looking for thoughts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chickenator

Reaction score
First let me be clear. I have experience in electronics troubleshooting as a research engineer with aircraft. My brother is a very experience Mercedes mechanic. Out modern Ford experience is limited.

The car is still driving fine.

We are used to opening up electronics and fixing the board level stuff (usually simple solder joints and needing capacitors) and dealing with dirty connectors.

I have a 2014 Expedition. Recently I got the Advancetrac warning lamp on my dash. Both times it cleared the next start on its own. I plugged in my OBDlink MX+ and connected to my phone with the FORscan viewer.

The Restraint Control Module is giving a U3000:49-08 internal electronic failure but not always. The Antilock Braking System gives a U0452-20 Invalid Data from Restraints Control Module.

I am just learning how to find things in this car. Up till now my only issue has been an intermittant GPS antenna. I have not yet bought a manual set. I will be doing that. I waiting for the FORscan recommended USB to ODB device to be shipped.

My initial thought is to cycle connections to the RCM and ABS boxes for a starting point. I do not know where either module is as am writing this. If anyone has experience with this that can give pointers on what may actually be going wrong.

I am keenly aware that all these error codes are not always a direct line to the problem, but more symptoms to help direct you.

Thanks!

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had a similar issue. If you ever get it resolved please share the fix.