Advise occupants?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been getting this dialog the last few days. Anyone know what the heck is up? Why the heck do my occupants need to know the system is updating?

DSC_2920.JPG

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it causes the hot spot internet connection to slow down.

Just my guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is notifying you that SYNC is tracking your whereabouts. It wants you to know that so your girlfriend can get out of the car.
HAL is getting ready to make the high gain ant fail :banana-mario:
i have utmost confidence in our mission

i have recorded the occupants faces for later

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it's a privacy thing related to recent (last few years) legislation. ISPs and other related services have to notify users that they are/may install tracking cookies and whatnot on devices that access the network. Because you, as the user, consented to all that when you signed up, they're off the hook with you, but not so for others in the vehicle who could also use the system.

I am sure there are many technical inaccuracies with what I just said, but the gist is: companies are required by law to be more open about tracking you, so that's what they're doing.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's like how taxis with security cameras have stickers like "dashcam in use" or "smile you're on video".

Except this isn't video.

Ford is collecting your GPS information and trying to get info on bluetoothable devices in the vehicle, and telling you you can't sue em for spying because they did it openly and told you to caution everybody in the car that the computer is spying on them.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And everyone wants even more electronics in their vehicles?
I just sent Henry Ford a text and he said he's rolling over :lol: