AdvTrac Light on full time, 4x4 lights blink, 4x4 will not engage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help. Very recently multiple things have gone wrong with my wifes 2003 expedition. The rear window wiper stoped working, the advtrac light on the dash is on full time, the 4x4 lights blink wile driving and the 4 wheel drive will not engage. Could this all be tied to one thing? Does anyone have any ideas of where I might start?

dano

Reaction score
My 05 is similar, except for the rear wiper. while in 4x4 auto, my 4x4high light flashes 8 times, then takes a break for 1 min. 45 sec., then flashes another 8 times. Have not checked it in 4x4 high yet...this time. When it started this, I switched to 4x4 high and my 4 wheel drive worked.
My ABS light is also illuminated along with my traction control light. I also have the "Check AdvancTrac" lit up on message board.
If I find anything out, I will pass it on to you. Good luck!
BTW, my rear wiper stopped working too. I took it apart and cleaned and lubed the shaft where it passes though the window, works wonderful now.

OP
OP
F

Fred

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will let you know if I figure something out. It did get worse today though. My wife said it rolled backwards some wile in park. I'm thinking I might be losing the transfer case or transmission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like transfer case. Try moving the transfer case manually to see if it engages that way. You might want to hook up a scanner to check codes, especially the Abs. Never want to ignore brake symptoms. As far as rear wiper, check fuse/ relays involved with rear window for power on both sides, also check at window motor as well. Power, ground, tap on motor if not operating. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk