Aggravations, Ford's retained ownership.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The auto engine off is a dangerous ************. Would love to see it gone. If I need a turbo timer for after a hard tow or run I should be able to select it on, just like big rigs have.

I personally hate the drive modes and think they owe us a pushed out update with a sport suspension and normal trans behavior. Along with it defaulting to the one we want and not just to normal. I’d think any epa mpg problem would be elimanted by having normal trans pattern modes available as defaults.

or eco trans setting with a sport suspension mode as well

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want the feature disabled, buy forscan and reprogram the software to disable it.

Speaking of which...! My FORSCAN cable literally just arrived via Amazon! First things to reprogram are the "key not present" double-honk, and likely the Lincoln wing mirror behaviour.

The auto start/stop doesn't actually bother me that much.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of which...! My FORSCAN cable literally just arrived via Amazon! First things to reprogram are the "key not present" double-honk, and likely the Lincoln wing mirror behaviour.

The auto start/stop doesn't actually bother me that much.
I also adjusted my heated steering wheel temp a bit, and disabled the motion activated liftgate. Also did the digits on the dash (above the temp example).

Jimbeaux

Reaction score
Using language from another website:
"While automatic stop-start can help to boost fuel efficiency on any model with an internal combustion engine, it has also been criticized by some as being disruptive and annoying, resulting in hesitation off the line and added vibrations in the cabin. As such, some models offer the ability to turn the feature off, including the 2020 Cadillac XT5.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also adjusted my heated steering wheel temp a bit, and disabled the motion activated liftgate. Also did the digits on the dash (above the temp example).

where did you find the coding spreadsheets for the Expy? All I can find is f150 ones

sctom1

Reaction score
I was talking with my Ford dealer sales rep and I said that auto off when stopped feature will wear out the starter quick. He said No, but it will wear out the torque converter quick as it stays in gear and that is much more expensive to repair. AAARGH! Get that fake trailer hitch plug thingy so it stops.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was talking with my Ford dealer sales rep and I said that auto off when stopped feature will wear out the starter quick. He said No, but it will wear out the torque converter quick as it stays in gear and that is much more expensive to repair. AAARGH! Get that fake trailer hitch plug thingy so it stops.

...or just program it out using Forscan

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What @Fizzy said. This is not a screw-up on Ford's part, it was a decision made to achieve their gas mileage numbers. If you want the feature disabled, buy forscan and reprogram the software to disable it. Because you're right...it is easy to do...Ford just chose not to do it so the vehicle was certified at the mpg numbers Ford wanted.

Alternatively, spend $80, buy the Auto Stop Eliminator, plug it into the OBD port, and never think about it again.

Just use forscan and save the 80 bucks

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
where did you find the coding spreadsheets for the Expy? All I can find is f150 ones
The F150 are still accurate, but be sure to use the wizard driven stuff as much as possible. I was using the manual method before and had some issues with several settings. The Forscan folks warned me and said I should only use the wizard style changes as much as possible.

But for the HSW, I used the F150 numbers and it works flawlessly

BTW, by "wizard" I mean the non-as built format settings.

Last edited:

Grizguy

Reaction score
The auto off.. I am 100% sure that the starter replacement will cost MUCH more than the little gas that it saves. Also dangerous. I stopped the car for my son to get out. reduced the pressure on the brake petal, but still foot on brake and the car started and surged ahead. A child's cheap toy can remember the last place it was turned off. Not sure why my ford can not remember that I drive in eco. That actually saves gas. I hate carrying stuff in my pockets. Why does the FOB need to be the size of an old flip phone? I can not lock it in the car.. It will not lock. Why bother with the keyless entry. Sometimes when I start my car the AM radio comes on some random channel does anyone actually listen to AM radio anymore? .. maybe seris radio... Who will know to what some random channel. I use my phone for my music. The ford sound system SUX! Paid a small fortune to upgrade. Not sure why they decided to use something different than the f150 head unit. New head units are just now pre ordering.. Cars with half the cost have more advanced electronics. I would MUCH prefer a big v8 to tow my trailer. Maybe better gas millage while towing? I have purchased about 20 new fords.. Only 1 new GM. If GM built a car / truck that fits a tall person comfortably .. I may need to look at other options next time.
Customer service.. I had a 2013 fusion.. Nice car. The windows would sometimes go all the way down with a touch. Other times I would need to hold it down. I had the car in for service once. They charged me $80.00 to reprogram the window switches. Before I left the parking lot it was acting up again. The tech came out and "reprogramed" again. Just hold the switch for 10 seconds.. done..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition