air bag light is faulty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

districk81

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Mom has an o6 and the air bag light is stuck on. the expy has never been wrecked but the light just stays on no matter what.She cant get the truck inspected because the light wont go off. anybody out there ever had or heard of this problem. any insight would be great.

04EB

Reaction score
My Mom has an o6 and the air bag light is stuck on. the expy has never been wrecked but the light just stays on no matter what.She cant get the truck inspected because the light wont go off. anybody out there ever had or heard of this problem. any insight would be great.

Does the cruise control work? I know this sounds way off, but if it doesn't it will narrow down what may be the problem.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine used to randomly come on. It would go away if I restarted the car.

According to this site (Link):

Continuous Air Bag Indicator — Diagnostic Trouble Code Timed Out, Diagnostic Monitor
Disconnected or Inoperative, or No Ignition Voltage to Diagnostic Monitor

OP
OP
districk81

districk81

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok thanks for the input. time for some more investigative research.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is not a faulty light. Does it blink? Mine was blinking and when I checked the code, it pointed to a defective drivers seatbelt buckle. Not coincidentally, this was the day I swapped in my King Ranch Interior. Swapped the buckle from my original seats, all fixed.

The lights to not come on for no reason. And the airbags will NOT work in the event of an accident, if that light is on.

03dblcabtaco

Reaction score
Air bag light will not cause a failure of state inspection. In Texas anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk