Air intake location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braves5310

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me where the fresh air intake for the cabin is on the 2020 max? Others are saying it should be under the wiper cowl. I’ve taken the cowl off and no air being sucked in, no visible intake either. Need a way of getting Lysol into the aC system to get rid of the moldy smell.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as I know the filter in behind the glove box

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Id check the filter behind the glove box if you haven't yet if u are smelling mold in the car especially if the hvac is on. As far as the intake... I dont know where that is exactly either . Maybe the dealer would know

OP
OP
B

braves5310

Reaction score
Thank you. Already replaced filter and Lysoled up in there. I know it pulls from air in the cabin when recirc is on. I want to understand where the air comes in from when it’s not on recirculate.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. Already replaced filter and Lysoled up in there. I know it pulls from air in the cabin when recirc is on. I want to understand where the air comes in from when it’s not on recirculate.
I've always thought it was under the wiper cowl.
Check A/C drain plug under vehicle. If it gets clogged water will come in on passenger side and cause the carpet to get wet and smell. It happened in my Excursion. I found damp carpet under my passenger weather tech mats causing a hamper smell. I unclogged it and ran an Ozone Generator in increments of 15 minutes to get rid of the odor.
It may not be your issue but worth inspecting.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me where the fresh air intake for the cabin is on the 2020 max? Others are saying it should be under the wiper cowl. I’ve taken the cowl off and no air being sucked in, no visible intake either. Need a way of getting Lysol into the aC system to get rid of the moldy smell.
I've run into that problem a couple of times. You have to dry out the plenum or whatever Ford calls it. What works for me is to start it up, put the heat all the way up. Put the fan on high and walk away for about 20 minutes. That should dry it out, mold doesn't seem to live where it isn't damp. ymmv

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett