Air Intake Silencer/Vortex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know a lot of people remove these from their Expy especially when putting in CAI; I am one of those people too.

however, I want to do some testing and playing with the truck while stuck at home; and wanted to test with and without the ....mine are no where to be found, and I cannot find them as stand alone parts from Ford

does anyone have a set the pulled out of their Expy that they’re willing to part way with for a reasonable price?

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know a lot of people remove these from their Expy especially when putting in CAI; I am one of those people too.

however, I want to do some testing and playing with the truck while stuck at home; and wanted to test with and without the ....mine are no where to be found, and I cannot find them as stand alone parts from Ford

does anyone have a set the pulled out of their Expy that they’re willing to part way with for a reasonable price?
I don’t have mine on either of my 16s, but what do you plan to do/accomplish?

OP
OP
C

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to test air flow, power output, fuel efficient changes, etc....see actual numbers instead of just hearing half the internet say their worthless and the other half say they’re great.

I got time with the 'rona shutting everything down...

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to test air flow, power output, fuel efficient changes, etc....see actual numbers instead of just hearing half the internet say their worthless and the other half say they’re great.

Brew city boost already did that. Now one thing that ppl need to remember is that with stock tstat and intercooler, repetitive pulls on dyno always show a decrease in power output due to heat soak especially on the ecoboosts. Here are their results. I still don’t believe it and there is nothing you will be able to notice unless you have a datalog device. Very minimal gain/loss

05A81440-2FED-45EB-AE5E-1785DF9EC00F.jpeg

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You will see no fuel efficiency changes, you won’t be able to feel a power difference and air flow is pretty much unaffected. I removed mine and added a k&n CAI solely bc I have a tune

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like stock produced more HP and torque. Not much but more. One has to question why change it other than it looks cool :)

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like stock produced more HP and torque. Not much but more. One has to question why change it other than it looks cool :)
Noise power, not horse power. That’s why. Just another real world dyno showing CAIs add like 4hp. Not worth it unless you’re tuned

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Messing with stock airflow is always a bad idea and drops resale value unless you put it all back.
Not true if you are tuned bc they can calibrate the computer to adjust air and fuel mixtures for the huge increase in air flow you get. Throwing a CAI on a stock tune file is a bad idea, I agree

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not true if you are tuned bc they can calibrate the computer to adjust air and fuel mixtures for the huge increase in air flow you get. Throwing a CAI on a stock tune file is a bad idea, I agree
Stock motor yes. On my Exursion forum everybody was doing cold air inlets, K&N's, etc but the Ex already has a cold air induction...…...lol. I just got this Navi/Expy so I don't know but I'm not changing anything with induction.