Air Sus issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arebman

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Expedition EB. I have never had an issue with the suspension till today. Yesterday I towed a camper that fits into the bed of a pick up truck home from up north in a trailer. No issues. I drove to work this morning and no issues. I went outside on my lunch break and the pass rear was all the way down, the driver side rear was almost all the way down the the front looked like it was where it always is. I started the truck and let it run for a but and the pump never ran. I tried turning on and off the sus. switch inside the truck with no luck. I'm new to the forum(this issue is why I joined). If anyone could help me on what I should look at first would be awesome. I do have a multimeter and am very knowledgeable with electronics.

OP
OP
A

Arebman

Reaction score
Yes the light comes on, on the dash but only after I have been driving for a few minutes. I'll check all the fuses during my lunch break. Tonight after I'm done with scouts with my son I'm planning on checking out the relay for the pump.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would also check power at the pump. If you get power when the vehicle is first started out of the harness, the pump probably retired.

On a side note, I'm an Eagle Scout, learned a ton of stuff from the Scouting program.

OP
OP
A

Arebman

Reaction score
That's awesome, I was almost an Eagle scout. On the truck when I grounded the DB/YEL wire at the relay the pump ran and the front lifted. The read didn't. I took a jack and jacked up the rear for ***** and made the pump run for a bit. Lowered the jack and looks like the rear took some air. Ran the pump again and the front lifted but I didn't notice anything in the rear. Is there a way to voltage test the solenoid's on the springs or a ohms test?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Arebman

Reaction score
I came in to check this before I head out. Went outside and the rear was up.......Kinda confusing but I'll see what happens as the evening goes on.

smokinstang65

Reaction score
Hot Damn Same Problem, Different Side

Glad this popped up. I had the driver's side on mine gave out. I noticed when I first jacked it up, the pump came on but I haven't heard the pump since (even with jacking it up with the air suspension left on). I checked fuses and verified they were good to go. I tried pulling solenoids but I haven't the foggiest clue as to where to start with that.

I'll definitely try checking to see if the compressor is getting juice on start up. Thanks again y'all for posting the advice. At 140k, I'm surprised its taken this long for something to crap out on it finally.

Also ... Eagle Scout here as well, I worked at Philmont Scout Ranch for 5 summers. Now the Navy's got me.