AIRBAG SUSPENSION ?s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just purchased anouther expy 99 eddie bauer with the 4wheel air suspension.... Like the look of it when its parked cuz im putting 22s on it..... Eventually will be putting a full aftermarket airride kit on it..... Wondering if driving it with the switch for suspension off will damage ne thing on the vehicle or just lessen ride quality? Any advice would be appreciated.......

OP
OP

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And i did use the search feature before posting but no one seemed to have a answer... One asked about it but was never answered.... Ne bodys input would be appreciated

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well the only thing i can see that would happen is lessen the ride quality. my friends step dad has an 01 with air suspension and 22s and they put in a big heavy treadmill in the back and the bags were adjusting a lot but nothing to bad over bumps or anything. so i dont think it would be to bad. just dont try and launch it off any speed bumps if it is off. then u might hit ground and screw something up.

OP
OP

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks bro..... Imma try it.... Just didnt wanna destroy something...... Proly gonna buy my whole airride kit next month ne ways.... Thanks again... I appreciate the response.....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thatll look good if u get a new airride system. make sure to post pics of it when its done. and put 26"s on with rubberbands for tires.

OP
OP

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from what i understand 26s are really hard to tuck...... imma start with proly 22s with a 35 series tire or 24s with 20/25 series tires..... atleast til i get my airride system..... then i can worry about the rims getting bigger..... but def will post pics soon....

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from my understanding you can adjust the valve that controlls the height might give you the look with lowering the ride quality

OP
OP

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool thanks bro...ile have to look into how to do that.....the truck is actually a washington vehicle, was moved here by navy family.... but im actually moving to poulsbo wa in the end of sept.... thank god to get away from the salt.... ne way... u kno ne one that has changed a 4r100 tranny outta one of these trucks by themselves?..... im doing it at the end of the week and just wonderin about a time frame to do it... ive done tranny replacements before and it looks pretty strait forward by looking at it and from the haynes manual...... just wondering......

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive done a couple of them... if you have a lift and air tools your lookin 3-4 hours if your on the ground more like 5-6. just have a plan and stick to it! i do the drive shafts then t-case then starter and torque converter bolts then wiring, tranny lines crossmember then bell housing bolts and pull it out... thats what i mean by a plan good luck. let us know how it goes.. you will see expys are very popular over here

OP
OP

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea..... i just came back from three weeks out there... their pretty popular but doesnt seem like ne body really does ne thing with them... thats just what i noticed..... i think outta all of the expys i seen out there i seen one with 20s and thats it... may have just been the area i was in.... im glad to see theirs atleast one of u guys out there thats interested in having a custom ride.....ur expy def looks mean.... and thanks for the info on the tranny.... i got a awesome deal on the truck so putting a tranny in it is worth it..... it seems to be leaking out of the front of the tranny so not sure if the seal went bad or what.... previous owner said he was driving and it started bucking like it was running outta gas... then realized it was leaking... shop said new tranny but shops out here are gold diggers but if i gotta take it off to replace seal... ive already bought the tranny so mite as well install it.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65