Anchor points dog crate tie down dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chutch77

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2017 Expedition XLT EL and I am dumbfounded with the lack of cargo anchor points …..like seriously are there any??? This giant SUV has nothing when my much smaller Pathfinder had several. What are people securing their dog crates or any other precious thing with and how?? Please photos instructions ideas as my dogs travel with me a lot and I want them safe. TIA for input.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2017 Expedition XLT EL and I am dumbfounded with the lack of cargo anchor points …..like seriously are there any??? This giant SUV has nothing when my much smaller Pathfinder had several. What are people securing their dog crates or any other precious thing with and how?? Please photos instructions ideas as my dogs travel with me a lot and I want them safe. TIA for input.

I bought a new 2015 Expedtion Limited 4x4 and then realized there were NO anchor points in the rear, and no anchor points to put a stretch-net across the rear (to prevent the cargo from falling out when the hatch is opened). The cargo floor slopes to the rear and causes cargo to slide to the rear while driving.

I was amazed that Ford did not design anchor points and a cargo net into the Expedtion.

I don’t have an answer for you but Ford clearly dropped the ball on this one. I wonder if Ford really tests their vehicles in the real-world?

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where the third seat brackets bolt to the body and on either side of where your jack compartment walls screw in are probably the best. You might look at the attachment points for the third seat shoulder harness. Yeah the older generations had better placements.