android auto app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SO i ave it on my phone and could not get it to connect to the truck unless i used a hard line at the usb port.
instantly picked it up and seemed to work.
so next BIG question
IS it better than the nav and sync?
how much does google "WATCH" me if i use it
and does it use my data like the sync travel link does?
can it be beamed using bluetooth and not the cable?

thanks
dummy out

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To use Google Maps or Waze on the screen, you can only connect via USB cable. I really hate the Expy nav, but get annoyed that I lose the temp display if I use Android Auto. More often I connect audio, play Pandora, and have Maps or Waze only display on the phone.

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SO i ave it on my phone and could not get it to connect to the truck unless i used a hard line at the usb port.
instantly picked it up and seemed to work.
so next BIG question
IS it better than the nav and sync?
how much does google "WATCH" me if i use it
and does it use my data like the sync travel link does?
can it be beamed using bluetooth and not the cable?

thanks
dummy out
Google is watching you regardless so if that bothers you, get a dumbphone. We use our phone to connect to Sync 3. Works great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
google scares me, i was speaking about a product in my house, no tv on or anything else and about ten minutes later i opened my browser on my phone to look up a business, and in the ad on bottom of screen was the very product i was just talking about..... it was a product for my rv. after that i really started paying attention....and it happens VERY OFTEN.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Powerboatr, Google isn't listening to you it's training your thoughts to follow its advertising stream.
OMG..
no seriously my wife and I were in the rv port talking about where we should add two windows to get some light and not make it look so much like a cave. my phone was in the bus,
later i pulled up the browser not o look at windows, and BAM a window ad from home depot came up...
coincidentally home depot 50 or so miles away had the exact ones i wanted based on size and features, I surfed them the next day
so now we have windows

20181011_140046.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMG..
no seriously my wife and I were in the rv port talking about where we should add two windows to get some light and not make it look so much like a cave. my phone was in the bus,
later i pulled up the browser not o look at windows, and BAM a window ad from home depot came up...
coincidentally home depot 50 or so miles away had the exact ones i wanted based on size and features, I surfed them the next day
so now we have windows

View attachment 27262

Best turn off bluetooth. And maybe consider timfoil hats.

Who knows, maybe the next update will decide to convince you to eat twinkies. Or kale.

PS seriously, though, there's some truth to it IF you have google voice search, siri, alexa, cortana etc. enabled they DO actually try to do that....it's in the terms and conditions. And if NOT, they just datamine the hell out of your browsing. To the point where you'll get truck stuff guitar gear home depot or whatever ads ANYWHERE you go

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep they are worse than the government...
it just cracks me up at how much is gleaned form your activity, then to make it worse, the FBI cant find people???