Another a/c question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nayterobertson

Reaction score
Hey guys my 97 expedition 4x4 5.4l a/c has eventually became just a cool breeze. It's not cold like it should be nor is it hot. The rear is the same. I figured it was low on freon so I decided to add a little. When I connected the gauges to my surprise it read the correct pounds. (50psi at 95 degrees temp) <that's according to the can of freon I have. So now I checked if the compression is turning on and it is. I'm not sure what else to check. Freon good. Compressor good. Now what? Thought it could be blend door but when I turn it to hot it indeed gets hot. It just doesn't get cold like its supposed to. Any ideas? It anyone else ran into this problem before. The temp is consistent front and rear.
Thanks for your time.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way, but the companies that produce the can & gauge are only interested in parting you of your money.

Any time you have a/c problems the first thing you get are the low and high side pressures. I wouldn't trust that little cans gauge, plus you don't know the high side pressure. Get a good set of gauges - I have MasterCool and they work great. Other brands are available for more or less $.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik