Any fast charging ports in a '14 limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use my truck for work and my Samsung barely charges. Do any of the USB or 12v outlets fast charge? I'll be damned if I can find one.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
I'd bet no. There aren't any on my '16. I use 12v adapters that are 3.1A and they seem to get the job done.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd bet no. There aren't any on my '16. I use 12v adapters that are 3.1A and they seem to get the job done.
Thanks.
I tried using my 12v fast charger that worked in my first generations, but it's not fast charging in my '14. I guess I'll give the a.c. outlet a shot. I hope it works when the power is off.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I would hope the AC outlets are OFF when the engine is off. It's bad enough the 12vDC outlets remain ON when the engine if off. Dead battery yesterday morning on my '17 merely because my Garmin GPS was still on when parked for 3 or 4 days.

-- Chuck

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use my truck for work and my Samsung barely charges. Do any of the USB or 12v outlets fast charge? I'll be damned if I can find one.

Qualcomm Quickcharge-compliant chargers in the 12v ports work

Aukey is a decent manufacturer which doesn't charge eye-watering premiums for fast chargers.

Make sure you have a decent USB cord.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Qualcomm Quickcharge-compliant chargers in the 12v ports work

Aukey is a decent manufacturer which doesn't charge eye-watering premiums for fast chargers.

Make sure you have a decent USB cord.
Odd. I'm using a good cord and charger and I'm not getting a fast charge. Same cord and cable that I used in my previous expy.

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
ANKER
ANKER
ANKER

These guys make the best chargers & cables.

Awesome warranty and customer service.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd. I'm using a good cord and charger and I'm not getting a fast charge. Same cord and cable that I used in my previous expy.

Cords and chargers have a tendency to go to slow charge when they start to fail

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah there’s no reason a 12V fast charger would refuse to fast charge unless the charger, cable, or phone were misbehaving. 12V is 12V at the port, unless the fuse is blown but then… well, yeah.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I plugged my new iPhone SE into my '17 Expedition and basically lost use of Sync until I disconnected it. Everything on the center screen was about the phone. No navigation, radio, etc. What gives? All I want to do is keep the phone charged like I did with my former iPhone 4S.

-- Chuck