Anyone added aftermarket exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sound is such a subjective thing. Take 2 people, play the same high end home or car speaker, one loves the sound, the other thinks it's too forward or too weak. Same for exaust. Your going to need to visit a few different custom exaust or tuner shops. Hopefully they have an F150, or Expedition that you can hear. Or they can call you over when their doing one. That's what I'd do. Whenever I had a car or motorcycle that I wanted to change exaust, I'd see a guy, and ask him what he had, how's was the power, sound, and any losses and where. Remember every exaust change is going to have pluses and minuses. You need to do your homework. A lot less disappointed that way. Problem with exaust is it's usually a welded up deal, with no do over.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go over to 5 stars FB page and request an add and just search “exhaust” and look at all the videos those guys have. They post ALOT

Just remember we have the DPs that dump straight to the flex pipe and muffler then several feet of tubing to a rear resonator. F-150 guys have DPs that dunk straight to a resonator, couple feet of pipe, a muffler, and more pipe to the end. Where the muffler is placed will have an effect on sound and power

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could always do the downpipe and leave the rest alone.
You do a DP on stock tune and you will lose a ton of low end power. Tuning it is the only way to fix that

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That or a supercharger! When we used to build 2 stroke expansion Chambers for our Yamaha single and twin cylinder race motorcycles, just a different bend, or making the main part of pipe before stingers, shorter or longer could make either an improvement, or loss of power. Keep in mind back in the 70's we did it seat of the pants, and with recommend sizes from other racers. Raising or dropping ports by grinding also made huge horsepower and torque difference. These days you guys are lucky, reprogramming a computer does what hours of work and parts used to.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

95cobby

Reaction score
You do a DP on stock tune and you will lose a ton of low end power. Tuning it is the only way to fix that

Already have a tune.. not my first EB but I've also never done an exhaust on the previous ones because they all sound like crap. So yes with a tune, I'd most likely do catted downpipes and stop there.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Already have a tune.. not my first EB but I've also never done an exhaust on the previous ones because they all sound like crap. So yes with a tune, I'd most likely do catted downpipes and stop there.
SPD!

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THe borla will be the mildest version, no stinger or attack, so it should be quite mild....