Anyone had any experience with programmers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manlavi95

Reaction score
Every programmer I try to use on my 2000 Expedition either won't connect, or won't program, depending on the model. I had an Edge Evolution CTS, which wouldn't program, but it would display all of the gauges and whatnot accurately. Now I have a legacy Edge Evolution, and it doesn't even connect. It just says "Connecting to Bridge, please wait..." indefinitely. I'm almost about to look into my PCM as the problem.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are they new or 2nd hand? my programmer is locked to my truck so they may need to be unlocked if 2nd hand...if not...I would look into the odb connector then pcm...may be some wiring issues somewhere

OP
OP
Manlavi95

Manlavi95

Reaction score
are they new or 2nd hand? my programmer is locked to my truck so they may need to be unlocked if 2nd hand...if not...I would look into the odb connector then pcm...may be some wiring issues somewhere

The legacy Evolution I just bought is secondhand, but the first one I bought, the Edge Evolution CTS was brand new and it wouldn't program, which was weird, because it showed all of the gauges. I think I'll give PHP a call tomorrow so they can unlock this one, maybe that'll work.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure the programmers are compatible with the Expy I had a Diablo tuner, they said would work with F150s 4.6 5.4s ect ect, But the ECU is apparently different in those vehicles than ours.

So I went with SuperChips Flashpaq, works like a glove and those are pretty much inexpensive compared to most, around 120 to 150

wh1te

Reaction score
Exia, where did you find a Flashpaq for $120-150? That seems like a screaming good deal.

Daveyj

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the CTS only a monitor? I didn't think it was a programmer.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have a combo programmer/monitor and u can change on the fly...or is it ECS or Bullydog

OP
OP
Manlavi95

Manlavi95

Reaction score
I'm thinking SCT or Superchips. I was almost thinking about just getting a Banks Transcommand, but I can't seem to find one.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
superchips isn't programmable for ur specific needs...they only have canned tunes for our vehicles...I have the cortex 1950...I like what it does but I would've went with 5startuning had they come on as a vendor before I got it...custom tunes and more of them...I may still do it down the road...superchips doesn't take in account exhaust...CAI...or anything else...programmable tuners such as what 5startuning or other companies provide are better