Anyone have brakes for sale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know some of you guys in the past have upgraded your brakes (I have no idea why, factory work awesome to me) and we’re selling your original rotors and pads. My truck is due for a complete job and I’m hoping someone has a set they can sell me. Those of you who upgraded your rotors and pads...why? Was there a major difference in braking performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great to see you post. How many miles on your Expy now? Plus how's it running any issues? Just curious as you have the highest mileage I know of.

On the brakes, mine are stock and work fine. I hope someone has a set for you.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have just under 140,000 miles on her now. I posted a list of my issues so far under another thread. Haven’t had anything since then.

1. Drivers turbo failure and turbo coolant line leak
2. Throttle body failure

Those are the main two issues I’ve had so far. Had a coolant leak that fixed itself have no idea what was going on. May have just overfilled coolant. Power steps still work but I lube them often. I fold my mirrors in literally every single time I park and they still work. Everything works still...I’m happy with the truck but it’s definitely not been a Toyota for me but we will see how long it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased by '07 with 218,000 miles on it back in May of 2017. I knew that she needed some TLC, as the transmission was shifting poorly and the brakes were terrible. The rotors looked to be the original and I don't recall the manufacturer of the pads. The pads had some red RTV on the backs, which I found to be odd. I ended up buying a set of EBC Yellowstuff pads and RK rotors (#S13KF1485 S13 front and #S13KR1289 S13 rear). The performance difference was night and day. The butt dyno feels like the stopping distance was cut by 30-50%. Yes, the originals were that bad. As a side note, after doing the brake job, the front passenger caliper began sticking, even going so far as to cause the rotor to warp slightly. I let the brakes cool down and the warping went away. I figured that the rotor was toast, but it appears to be fine. I replaced the caliper (which wasn't the root cause of the sticking, c'est la vie), and then replaced the brake lines (both driver's side and passenger's side), which solved the issue. The Yellowstuff pads are noisy and dirty, so consider yourself forewarned. But my Expy is almost always full of family and friends, so I will deal with the noise and cleaning the wheels for the (greatly) increased safety. I know have roughly 30k miles on the new brakes and I wouldn't change anything. They appear to be wearing evenly and modestly. They will probably go another 30k-50k miles, if I had to guess.

I may still have the rotors and pads. I kept them originally, but they may have gotten trashed during a recent garage purge. If you are interested in them, I'd be happy to sell them to you for cheap. I might be able to mic the rotors and pads to see how much wear they've seen.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the EBC yellow pads on my with cross drilled / slotted rotors. The yellow pads do leave more brake dust but they are not noisy at all. I dont hear any noises when braking.

I changed my factory pads and rotors at 600 miles. I have used EBC brake parts in the past and they are awesome. I had to install stiffer front shocks on my 17 Expy because the EBC yellow brakes grip so hard.

I would recommend the EBC yellow pads. Rotors were mainly cosmetic.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a new set of pads and rotors taking up space in my garage. They are brand new and I haven't gotten around to putting them on. I will get the deets on them this evening and let you know. We can take it from there if they are something you might be interested in.