Anyone installed hellwig anti-sway bar on 2022,2023 or 2024 expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hellwig Anti-Sway Bars 7688 fits 2022 ford expedition. Wondering if it fits 2024 model year.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t see why it wouldn’t. There’s been no change to the chassis since the 4th gen debuted in 2018.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yikes! Sounds like it must be an easy mistake to make then. I'm curious about doing the Hellwig upgrade but sounds like folks have had issues with strength of end links in general...

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear bar mounting points have to be angled a certain way so that when you put weight on the suspension they stand upright. The mounting tabs on the bar need to bend so the outermost edges point up and out. If you mount it and the mounting points point inward you have it on incorrectly. Easy mistake to make and you won’t notice until you take it off the jack and crawl underneath to see how it is angled. If on incorrectly the mounting tabs will make contact with the end links.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 50,000 Miles on my front and rear Hellwig bars and have never broke an end link or anything. The front sway bar bushings are the only thing I replaced because they clunk on bumps after a while.
You have to install them correctly, and its really not difficult. I needed my wife to help hold the front bar, because its heavy and hard to hold up and bolt up at the same time.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear bar mounting points have to be angled a certain way so that when you put weight on the suspension they stand upright. The mounting tabs on the bar need to bend so the outermost edges point up and out. If you mount it and the mounting points point inward you have it on incorrectly. Easy mistake to make and you won’t notice until you take it off the jack and crawl underneath to see how it is angled. If on incorrectly the mounting tabs will make contact with the end links.
Exactly right.

No one mentioned this prior to my install a few years ago, but you'll see it easily when the old ones come out.

OEM end links worked fine for years with the bar in the correct orientation.

Chio4

Reaction score
Im running this bar on A 24 navigator I did go with different bushings and rear links. I am hesitant to do the front again unless I change the bushings to some quality ones