Anyone monitoring Trans Temp with ODB2 reader app?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2011. I downloaded the PAID FOR Extras for my truck. It shows TPMS PIDs but doesn't return any data.

You need to add the following...

5b93a55e8092e451be4956d80a74dd34.jpg

Also, if your truck has been sitting for a while, you might need to go drive a second, to “wake them up”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to add the following...

5b93a55e8092e451be4956d80a74dd34.jpg

Also, if your truck has been sitting for a while, you might need to go drive a second, to “wake them up”.

I did add them, before I added the gauge to the dashboard. I had driven it around while watching the display. Never got anything. I had an old ELM327 adapter and wired in a switch to allow HSCAN/MSCAN. I hooked it up and confirmed everything worked on HSCAN. Changed settings to 11-bit/125kbit and tried fetching the TPMS data. I got a CANBUS error. I'm going to put an oscilloscope on those pins tomorrow. I installed an iDatalink Maestro a couple of years ago but never touched the MSCAN wiring.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Very impressed with the OBDLink app and all the PID's available. I've got my dashboards pretty much how I want them but I can't find engine oil temp. I've got the 2017 Expy PIDs installed and have looked thru most of the modules. Figured it would be in the powertrain module but don't see it. Any ideas?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very impressed with the OBDLink app and all the PID's available. I've got my dashboards pretty much how I want them but I can't find engine oil temp. I've got the 2017 Expy PIDs installed and have looked thru most of the modules. Figured it would be in the powertrain module but don't see it. Any ideas?

There is no Oil Temp Sensor PID in PCM. Use the Engine Oil Temp SAE PID.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Loki, thanks man. I've looked in the SAE PID's but don't see it there either. There are several engine coolant temp PID's but no oil temp. I'll check again in the morning but I've looked in there a few times over the last week and I'm pretty sure it's missing from mine.

It's interesting that different modules seem to have similar or the same PID's. Like engine coolant temp, there are three of them in the PCM and I think two in the SAE. Different sensors?

And I'm also wondering if the battery saver function is operating correctly on mine. It seems to stay powered on for quite some time after the truck is shut down. I figured the auto power off would occur within twenty minutes or so.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loki, thanks man. I've looked in the SAE PID's but don't see it there either. There are several engine coolant temp PID's but no oil temp. I'll check again in the morning but I've looked in there a few times over the last week and I'm pretty sure it's missing from mine.

It's interesting that different modules seem to have similar or the same PID's. Like engine coolant temp, there are three of them in the PCM and I think two in the SAE. Different sensors?

And I'm also wondering if the battery saver function is operating correctly on mine. It seems to stay powered on for quite some time after the truck is shut down. I figured the auto power off would occur within twenty minutes or so.

Auto Power option watchs battery voltage, and it draws very little. I am sure it takes a while to get to a voltage to trigger power down.

Several of the Extended and SAE PIDs use the same sensors.

Last edited: