Anyone using E85 in their flex fuel vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
I live in the Midwest.

When fuel prices suddenly spike overnight (all stations in tandem), the local media runs (and reruns) their standard stories about how the fuel companies had to raise the prices.

One of the often-cited excuses is that the refineries are doing scheduled maintenance, thus the price increase.

I always wonder why my local Kroger store doesn’t raise prices when they do scheduled maintenance on the store?

Yeah no! Theres huge amounts of supply that are controlled.

The industry has found essentially a consumer's approved per se cost per gallon you'll notice the cost float around.

Also, Kroger's has a massive supplier network and is largely southern based aswell.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
I've never used E85 but recently thought about running a tank of it. Even though the car is designed to run on it my concern is it's an 09, now suddenly throwing E85 in it will it cause sudden leaks or other issues?
I mainly want to run it as it's allegedly a good cleaning method. I know it's going to get about 20% less mileage but sometimes the fuel is more than 20% less expensive so it breaks even. Besides, not planning on running E85 on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wasn't aware there was a flex-fuel option (3.5L, '18-'20).
E85 is gubermint subsidized - hence the artificially low price.

These days all fuel is e10 unless you can find/buy the ethanol free stuff (bu-cees carries it in lots of location).

From the '20 owners manual....

upload_2020-3-1_21-9-8.png