Attention: Your Ford Vehicle is not designed to exceed 65MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lxrick

Reaction score
I am driving my expy in the summer twice EVERY day up to 110 miles/h (which is the almost the max) for at least 15-20 Minutes each and I never had that.

This is just nonsense.
Btw the expy is limited to that speed not because of drivetrain issues but because of the Tyres. (cost and availability)

As soon as it is spring I will do a video for us here... :)

Joe_Expo

Reaction score
With the price of gas who drives an Expedition faster than 65mph? :D

Dealers can be amazing sometimes.
I called to ask them about replacing all 8 coils and plugs on my 98 Expo, they said they would price it out and call me back.
That was 5 years ago and I still haven't heard back, says a lot about what they desire to do in the service department.

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the price of gas who drives an Expedition faster than 65mph? :D

Dealers can be amazing sometimes.
I called to ask them about replacing all 8 coils and plugs on my 98 Expo, they said they would price it out and call me back.
That was 5 years ago and I still haven't heard back, says a lot about what they desire to do in the service department.

I drive my 05 exp at about 70-80 every day. Sits at about 2-2200 rpms and is quite happy. Getting 16-17 mpg. Usto get 19 until the fuel changed to this garbage we have today.

Joe_Expo

Reaction score
I drive my 05 exp at about 70-80 every day. Sits at about 2-2200 rpms and is quite happy. Getting 16-17 mpg. Usto get 19 until the fuel changed to this garbage we have today.

I believe you we have 70mph 4 land roads and belief me if the Fords really had that problem you wouldn't see them rollin' down the fast lanes the way they do without issues.

Really sad that a mechanic let alone a dealership would tell someone something like this.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've road raced vintage motorcycles....and have "enjoyed" high speed wobbles several times, each with it's attendant "I'm going to die today" feeling as I struggled to maintain vertical.....but yesterday I drove my Expy 100mph....it did not wobble. Maybe Ford should quickly be informed? Might I reach out to that dealer to inform him?

Sometimes, it's just a special kind of stupid!

jeff

MrTommy

Reaction score
I went over the handlebars at over 35mph when I was a kid. Downhill racing my Dad. No helmet, walked away with a small scratch on my hip and rode it home.

Nowadays, with all the political correctness and "save the children" BS out there, your dad would be in jail for endangering your life. :D:D:D:D