Back door panel removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

im wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the back door panel on a 2000 expy without screwing anything up. I tried it myself last weekend and i couldnt get the panel fully off.
I just took the driver door panel off my wife's explorer to replace the power window switch and it was 1-2-3. I even did it in the dark with a flashlight. Apparently i find the expy to be more of a pain than the explorer. Why, i dunno...
But if you guys can help id appreciate it... Im trying to install a hi-lo converter so i can hook up my bass amp in the trunk and i gotta get the signal from the speaker wires... Well, unless someone has a better idea on how to get the signal

thanks

EastCoast4x4

Reaction score
Two screws at the bottom of the door/panel that need to come off. Should be fairly easy to find as they aren't hidden. Then take off the little plastic surround to the interior door handle and remove the bolt that holds the handle on. Lift straight up on the door panel then out once it comes loose. Disconnect the power window wires and you are free. Simple as that. Took mine off tonight to replace a door lock knob.