back glass rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TehMater

Reaction score
hey guys. got all my audio stuff put in, and found a bit of a rattle in the back glass down by the bottom right corner. best way to stop it without walling off?

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can put some solid weatherstripping in the bottom edge of the glass while open, and then close over it. It keeps the glass from rattling at all. Its more about holding it tight than insulating it.

You may find that the REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER is actually the thing making the rattling on the gate from the outside. If so you may have to pull the wiper or mount it nice and tight too.

OP
OP
T

TehMater

Reaction score
You can put some solid weatherstripping in the bottom edge of the glass while open, and then close over it. It keeps the glass from rattling at all. Its more about holding it tight than insulating it.

You may find that the REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER is actually the thing making the rattling on the gate from the outside. If so you may have to pull the wiper or mount it nice and tight too.

Wiper mount is pretty tight, I can stop the rattling by pressing on the glass itself. thanks for the suggestion. :gr_grin:

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wiper mount is pretty tight, I can stop the rattling by pressing on the glass itself. thanks for the suggestion. :gr_grin:

I pulled the stock weather stripping off my doors and hatch and fed some surgical style tubing through it all. Seems to have gotten rid of most of my rattling and cut down on some wind noise as well. I don't have subs or anything though so not sure if it would stand up to that.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Open the windows as you pump up the volume. Makes you look cool and reduces the vibration stress on your windows.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol...what did u put in? U won't stop the glass rattle unless u tape it down...u can always use sound deadener to reduce the tailgate rattle but not the glass itself

Mr. 10K

OP
OP
T

TehMater

Reaction score
Lol...what did u put in? U won't stop the glass rattle unless u tape it down...u can always use sound deadener to reduce the tailgate rattle but not the glass itself

Mr. 10K

Alpine 143BT head unit, alpine 6x8 door speakers all around, hifonics 2400w amp, and an alpine type
r 15". Nothing too serious, and most of it budget friendly, but loud enough for me to be happy.

ghaniabdul

Reaction score
sub'd
o.png