Back up sensor and TPMS issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok folks...gotta a couple issues I need some guidance on. About 12 months ago, the backup sensors started acting up intermittently. When we would hit reverse, a msg would pop up in the msg center saying "Check backup aid". Since it only did that sometimes, we let it go. As the 12 months have progressed, the issue has gotten worse. Most of the time now we get the "check aid" msg.

Within the last month, we started having issues with the TPMS. The light comes on and the msg center says to check the pressure. Checked the pressures and all were good. I assumed the issue was due to a few cool mornings and that it would go out once the tires warmed up. It hasn't.

I'm wondering if the issues are the backup and TPMS modules themselves. I find it interesting that both systems are acting up and yet both modules are located on the same pillar almost right next to each other.

Thoughts??