Back Up Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccarnes2009

Reaction score
How can I turn off the Back Up sensor permanantly? In know I can hit 'Reset' on my dash to turn it off while I am backing up at that moment but it's only for that moment. How can I make it so it doesn't work at all?

OP
OP
C

ccarnes2009

Reaction score
Just annoying...if it would start going off when I am within 6 to 10 feet that would be fine but I can't stand the constant beeping when it's in reverse. ANd my kids are constantly telling me to turn it off...haha

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That points to something broken... So it goes off even when you have more than 15 feet clear behind your expy?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just annoying...if it would start going off when I am within 6 to 10 feet that would be fine but I can't stand the constant beeping when it's in reverse. ANd my kids are constantly telling me to turn it off...haha

I guess I'm mean. I would leave it on just to annoy them. haha :happy175:

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine only beeps when I am getting close to something..

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it should only beep when something is about 2-3ft away and the closer you get the faster it will beep...steady tone tells you to STOP RIGHT THERE or you'll hit it...wich is about 6-8 inches away

OP
OP
C

ccarnes2009

Reaction score
Yeah...I've been iin an open field where there was nothing around it for 200 yards and it still starts beeping as soon as I put it in Reverse...now it does beep quicker when I get within 6-8 feet of something and then to an almost solid beep when I am like right on something.

Which would be fine if it beep only when I was within those perameters...but I hate it when it starts beeping as soon as I put it in reverse.

And if it is broken...how do I check to fix it?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know...i would guess by unplugging them one by one or something under the bumper and maybe tracing it back to a relay or something...could be one of them are messed up

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesnt cost me anything to have ford see whats wrong...i do it all the time and then do it myself or go somewhere cheaper to get it fixed