Bad feeling when car turns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johndint

Reaction score
I have an 03' EB. Anytime I turn i feel a rough vibration that I initially thought came from the tires. It's as if they aren't gripping the road. It feels very rough but only when turning. I checked my tires and they look really good. Is there anything else that can be causing that sound and feeling?

Godfrey

Reaction score
I'm just guessing here based on the description of the sound or vibration, but it is possible that you have 4WD enabled or it is stuck on (but not indicating it on the dash). This happened on my 1995 Ford Explorer, I believe the problem at that time was a vacuum line problem. I'm pretty sure my 04 Expy is servo driven...Don't know for sure.

2WD
Rear wheels engaged, front just rotate freely.

A4WD
Front wheels spin at different speeds while turning, they are engaged, independent of one another.

4WD or 4H
Front wheels are locked together so during a turn one wheel is turning at a slightly different speed than the other causing it to skip, hop, vibrate or whatever you'd like to call it.

4WD - 4L
Same as above but geared differently for power (stuck in snow)

I hope this helps.

Phil

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My tires use to vibrate when I would have the wheel almost cranked and turn at low speeds. Then I got new rims and tires off of a f150 and I havn't noticed it since. I don't know how, but it might be due to the brand of the stock tires.

Last edited: