Bent door panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELA V8

Reaction score
A friend and I took my driver's side door panel off to get a look at the wires. He tried prying the panel off at the top left corner, I caught him too late and now it isn't tight like the others. There's probably about an inch gap at the top left corner and down the left side. If you push it, it moves in. Nothing major, but it's been annoying me. Is there anything I can do short of buying a new panel?

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did one of your clips break off? If that is the case, then you can get them from a local auto store.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend and I took my driver's side door panel off to get a look at the wires. He tried prying the panel off at the top left corner, I caught him too late and now it isn't tight like the others. There's probably about an inch gap at the top left corner and down the left side. If you push it, it moves in. Nothing major, but it's been annoying me. Is there anything I can do short of buying a new panel?

check out the junkyard for an EX with the same interior and take that panel...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could try heating the inside of the panel with a hair dryer or low temp heat gun and try to "work" the plastic back into shape... I would heat the inside because if you burn or melt it... it will be hidden... just my .02

also are you sure everything is back together right.... no wires or anything keeping everything from attaching??