BG 44k or Seafoam???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blu02expy

Reaction score
Which provides the better results? BG 44k is saying simply add to gas and it will do everything else. From researching on this site Seafoam needs to go in the gas tank, oil, and brake booster. Not trying to be lazy but if BG is just as good I will probably use that being it's a gas additive. Truck has 77K and I have never heard of seafoam cleaning until I joined the other day so I figure I will give one or the other a try before this weekend being I have a trip planned. Hopefully this clears up the pinging I have going on...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's people who swear by both. In a recent thread over at F150online, people were saying BG44k was the better deal, but who knows.

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used Seafoam for the first time recently and felt a immediate difference. Smoother idle, better acceleration, and more power. Plus watching the cloud of white smoke come out of your exhaust while driving past people is kinda funny!

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh and FYI the Seafoam may cause your "Check Engine" light to come on after it blows all the deposits out your exhaust. I think it has something to do with all the carbon and deposits messing with the O2 sensors but after a couple days of driving it will go off. Just didnt want you to freak out if it happend.

OP
OP
B

blu02expy

Reaction score
Thanks...I did a seafoam clean a few hours ago. Instead of driving on the highway I just rev'd it in neutral in my drive way to get the thick white smoke out. My entire cul-de-sac was full of white smoke....lol. Good thing my neighbors had their windows down. Then I drove it for a while. I seems a little more responsive but I am also having egr issues so it's kind of hard to tell. I have 1/2 can left and that will be going in the oil in the morning.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After putting it in the oil, drive a a day or two, then change your oil.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where are you guys ordering seafoam or BGK from? How much is per can?

OP
OP
B

blu02expy

Reaction score
I picked mine up from advanced auto parts for $7 a can. I have only been able to find BG online for from a professional car repair shop which is why I went with the seafoam.

EGTFitZ

Reaction score
I love Seafoam. If you just pour it right on your hood your Expo will go up one Trim model, and if you have a King Ranch it turns it into a Ferrari! lol

All joking aside seafoam is awesome. I pull an upper intake hose and let it get sucked straight into the top end. as soon as the car stumbles, I kill the engine. Then let it sit and eat away at what it will. And when you start it back up, listen to the carbon ping off the cylinders! Just don't bend a rod.