Big Mud Tires without lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Usmarine

Reaction score
What is the biggerst tire size I can put on my 2001 Expedition V8 4X4 without a lift and does anyone have pictures of one?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not 100% certain, but on my 97 F150 before I did any lift I had 285/75 bridgestone dualer MTs on a 16x8 rim and didn't have any problems but you can always crank your torsion bars a few turns and get a little "free" lift out of your expy... I know others on here have the pictures you need

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was running my 32/9 super swampers with no lift and alot of room, should have room for 33/10.5 with out a lift, you may need to tweek torsion bars a few turns, but thats free and easy

smokeylt

Reaction score
Max tire size

I have a stock 2WD 2003 Expedition with 265 70R 17 Continentals that need to be replaced. What is the biggest tire I can fit on without lift or body trimming? I am looking at a set of 285 70R 17, but I have not decided.

Does anyone know how putting on a bigger tire will affect my gas mileage?

Thanks for the assistance.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any time you put larger tires on you sacrifice fuel milage. but stock you can run 32 inch tires with out lifting it

06LimitedNJ

Reaction score
i was running my 32/9 super swampers with no lift and alot of room, should have room for 33/10.5 with out a lift, you may need to tweek torsion bars a few turns, but thats free and easy

33 x 10.5 should fit under there. You might have to trim a little of the front valance off, but it is minimal and you can do it and make it look stock.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that is based on opinion and cost. memphis makes really good speakers but can be on the pricey side. if you want show sound, then its gonna cost ya. if you just want something to give you a little thump while ur riding, you can check out deals they have at best buy and get something affordable. just my opinion.